Wednesday, February 19, 2014

20/02/14
My first entry:

Yay, blogger finally decided to work for me, none of this 'page invalid' nonsense!
OK, so today I was late (sat my restricted and passed!!) so I didn't quite catch the morning session but this afternoon we all drove to a local school and learnt the basics behind a PE lesson.

To be honest I don't remember much due to the most unbearable combination, hot sunny weather and EXERCISE!! Yuk.

Anyways, despite this I did learn a few things. For example always come prepared for a PE lesson, write it down on paper and bring it with you etc. But not only that, be prepared by planning alternatives for children who may be less capable. And I don't mean alternative games or separating them from the group, I just mean have ways to make it more doable for them. Easier moves for the less flexible, a way to participate for those who have difficulty walking or running etc.
The other thing is, you have to set boundaries for children so they know what they can and can't do. This helps to  keep the classroom under control particularly outside where it is difficult to hear. A good idea to help with this is to explain instructions and rules inside the classroom prior to going outside.

Yep, so that's about it for now, until next time :)

(this is fun!! and actually helps to remember stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment