Monday, March 10, 2014

SBL: 15min game

Today I finally got to spend my 15 minutes on a game with six children, it was great! I think I have the well behaved children in the class because they were amazing! They listened, did what they were told, participated...et cetera.

I ended up playing simon says for their warm up (I had planned to do line tag, but the courts are in the middle of the classrooms where the teachers can see, so decided against it in case the children behaved badly and make me look stupid :p)

Back to simon says...They loved it, and had turns being 'simon', and I joined in...soooo unfit!
Then I teamed up with another candidate teacher and our two groups of children played 'kangaroos' and 'farmer, farmer' with each other.
It was a little wild at first but they stayed within the cones, listened, and had a lot of fun...so we didn't mind.

For me it was really special because it really reminded me why I'm doing this course. I thoroughly enjoyed it and took great pleasure in reporting back to their classroom teacher that they had indeed behaved 'Fabulous!'

No comments:

Post a Comment